Docs Wiki Roadmap
(Redirected from JDOC:DWR)
Please add appropriate items to the Roadmap and post all comments to the Docs Wiki Roadmap talk page.
Docs Wiki Roadmap
- Identify documentation needs by user type better - Update and new content needed in all projects
- Beginners - need to be more targeted and need more content
- Projects - Beginners Tutorial Project
- Portal for Beginners - Beginners Portal and List of Beginners Tutorials
- Easy Tutorials - short and concise
- Beginners need targeted core ideas and methods (Too much information puts off)
- Easy to navigate and follow
- Developers - document new features, more involvement of developers, better method of involvement
- Core Developers
- Portal for Core Developers - Core Developers Portal
- Web designers - target ease of design, better articles targeted towards CSS, Bootstrap
- Portal for Web designers- Web designers Portal
- Administrators - target common tasks with more detail
- Portal for Administrators - Administrators Portal
- Evaluators - ideas needed?
- Portal for Evaluators - Evaluators Portal
Recognition of contributions, work on wikicomplete, see Barnstar awards
- Home page - redesign is here but template specific
- Portal pages
Better documentation search - Google integration? Lucerne?
- Installed! Google CSE, GoogleCustomWikiSearch - implemented and being used.
- Improve structure (underway!) -Building menu system
- Namespace aliases for easier link building
- Help screen aliasing - All Joomla! 3.x series Help screens will alias to one set of Help screens
Custom extension to tag Namespaces
- Disambiguation pages
Spam control - multipage sign up. AntiSpoof, AbuseFilter together.
AbuseFilter (Tested! - see Talk page) - will automatically block and remove users based on rules, can be new user time sensitive running against only new users.
- Clean up redundant and incomplete pages (what was started and never finished, or redundant) (Underway!)
Investigate 'Archive' namespace, would want an alias of 'A' to simplify link creation when needed(Completed - place to move out of date, historical doc pages.
- Installed! Archive namespace and J1.5 for Joomla! 1.5 articles now being tagged Archived (Underway!)
- Archive namespace and J2.5 for Joomla! 2.5 articles, tag them as Archived (2017 task!)
- Define a strategy, create namespace and Help Screens for Joomla! 4 (2017 task!)
- Increase developer contributions!
- Welcome new users on user talk pages! Give them some additional information, style guide, templates available, etc.
- Editor assistance
- Adopt an editor? Help new wiki users
- Wiki Doc Projects - "JDOC Projects" - Portal page:JDOC Projects
- Better tutorials, multipage, PDF's created for download
- Developer feedback
- Enhance styleguide
API integration with Platform and CMSsee http://api.joomla.org
- Help Screen development simplify
Focus on first STS, transcluded to subsequent STS versions, with a 'Final' for LTSRefer to https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/5007 for information about automation of help screens
- Notices on support ended versions
- Better understanding for contributors, Help screens: how they work, why style guides are important
Nice to have eventually
VEL pageVEL now has its own subdomain, see http://vel.joomla.org. Improvement for editing by approved VEL members Searching Improved look Integration with administration for VEL notifications of installed Extensions.
Multilingual support (Investigation underway) Translate Extension.See Documentation Translators
Semantic Mediawiki - On hold, but proof of concept worked - API Generated Docs, from XML each page updated with a Doxygen API rebuild.
- Use of property values within articles/API (testing underway!)
Testing on a local MW install, use of Doxygen xml files to create API pages for documentation. Doxygen will not be the API generator.
- External data capture in XML or JSON (other formats also available)