Main Page/Did you know
Glossary Term of the Day
A template is a type of Joomla! extension that changes the way your site looks. There are two types of templates used by the Joomla! CMS: Front-end Templates and Back-end Templates. The Front-end Template controls the way your website is presented to the user viewing the website's content. The Back-end Template controls the way your website's administrative tasks are presented for controlling management functions by a Joomla! Administrator. These would include common tasks such as: user, menu, article, category, module, component, plugin and template management.
See also: Extension types (general definitions)
Our most popular doc pages!
- 1. Beginners
- 2. Main Page
- 3. Migrating from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
- 4. Getting Started with Joomla!
- 5. Installing Joomla
- 6. Developers
- 7. How do you recover or reset your admin password?
- 8. Upgrading 1.5 from an existing 1.5x version
- 9. Vulnerable Extensions List
- 10. Developing a Basic Component - Joomla! 2.5
- 11. Use Joomla! on your own computer
- 12. Installing a template
- 13. How do you modify a template?
- 14. Creating a basic Joomla! template
- 15. How do you put a module inside an article?
- 16. Joomla 3.0 FAQ
- 17. Accessing the database using JDatabase
- 18. Web designers
- 19. Changing the site favicon
- 20. Copying a Joomla website