Main Page/Did you know
Glossary Term of the Day
The database table prefix is a string (a few characters long) prepended to the name of Joomla!'s tables. Using a prefix enables you to run multiple installations of Joomla! using a single database.
The database table prefix can be set during installation. Changing it later is possible, but requires access to the database through a non-Joomla medium or a Joomla Extension such as Akeeba Admin Tools and will cause some downtime.
Extension developers need to use the string
#__ to represent the prefix. This will be replaced by the real prefix during runtime by Joomla.
Our most popular doc pages!
- 1. Beginners
- 2. Main Page
- 3. Migrating from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
- 4. Getting Started with Joomla!
- 5. Installing Joomla
- 6. Developers
- 7. How do you recover or reset your admin password?
- 8. Upgrading 1.5 from an existing 1.5x version
- 9. Vulnerable Extensions List
- 10. Developing a Basic Component - Joomla! 2.5
- 11. Use Joomla! on your own computer
- 12. Installing a template
- 13. How do you modify a template?
- 14. Creating a basic Joomla! template
- 15. How do you put a module inside an article?
- 16. Joomla 3.0 FAQ
- 17. Accessing the database using JDatabase
- 18. Web designers
- 19. Changing the site favicon
- 20. Copying a Joomla website