Marketing Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
Joomla! Marketing Working Group
The purpose of the Marketing Working Group (MWG) is to raise awareness of the Joomla CMS and Framework within the Joomla community, and around the world.
Product marketing can work on the conventional marketing areas in order to expand our markets. Marketing identifies and nurtures the market. Marking the product helps increase the adoption.
Project Marketing will focus on ‘internal marketing’ which will work to enrich and enlarge the Joomla community. It will encourage volunteers to come on board and contribute in various ways. The Volunteer Portal is also a great driver in helping organise the project marketing effort.
The Marketing Working Group leaders were announced in January 2014 - see Marketing Working Group Members
Request Help from Marketing
Need help with a project? Start by filling out this short form and we'll get in touch with you ASAP!
How to get involved
Connect with your local JUG
Depending on where you live, there may be a good chance that there are people who love Joomla and are already active nearby. Check the Joomla! Community Portal to get in contact with your local JUG.
Start by following @joomla or like us on Facebook and G+. People can create, and re-post in their language, Facebook and Twitter posts. Blog on your own site about what is going on in the projects, run a podcast.
Write for the Magazine
The Joomla! Community Magazine™ encourages community members to submit articles to the JCM, we also hope you will think about what makes Joomla! special to you, and then come back here to share your story with the rest of the community. And that is really what the JCM is all about: Helping members of the Joomla! community connect with each other and share their stories.
Want to make a bigger impact?
Join the Marketing Team!
The Joomla! Marketing team is looking for amazing and talented people to join their team. There's a lot to do!
- UI Design & Graphics
- Content Writing Blogs, Press Releases, News Releases, Landing pages
- Technical Writing
- Data Acquisition, Analysis & Reporting
- Overall Management of Release Campaigns from a Marketing Perspective
- Webmasters - Site Creation / Management
- Video Creation
- Anything else you can think of to help grow Joomla!
Interested? Take a look at this page to contact us and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!
- Marketing Working Group meetings are being held when a new project starts or to do follow up. They are announced in the Marketing chat in Glip.
- A list of our meeting notes can be found on google groups https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list
Our Culture Code is how we work and our beliefs within the Marketing Team