Modifying a table in an Article
Tables are a very important way of presenting information and data within Articles. The following describes how to modify the basic elements of tables within an Article. For more information about inserting a table in an article please read: Inserting a table into an Article.
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > Article Manager menu item to go to the Article Manager, select the Article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit toolbar button.
- Locate the table you wish to modify and follow the instructions below as required.
Insert a new row
- Select a cell in a row above or below where you wish to insert a new row.
- Click the Insert row before or Insert row after editor toolbar button.
Delete a row
- Select a cell in the row you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete row editor toolbar button.
Insert a new column
- Select a cell in a column adjacent to where you wish to create a new column.
- Click the Insert column before or Insert column after editor toolbar button.
Delete a column
- Select a cell in the column you wish to delete.
- Click the Remove column editor toolbar button.
Merge a range of cells
- Click and highlight a range of cells you wish to merge. This can be done vertically or horizontally.
- Click the Merge table cells editor toolbar button.
Split merged cells
- You may only split previously merged cells. This is different from most word processing applications and is because of the structure of HTML tables.
- Click the cell you wish to split.
- Click the Split merged table cells editor toolbar button.
Note: When a cell is split it will return to the format it was in before being merged. For example: a 3 row, 3 column table contains a merged cell spanning 3 columns, when this merged cell is split it will return to 3 cells.