Pizza, Bugs and Fun 2020
From Joomla! Documentation
- 1 Bienvenue
- 2 Objectifs
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Organization, logistics and communications
- 5 Réseaux Sociaux
- 6 Locations
- 7 Registration
- 8 Exigences et conditions de participation
- 9 Communication Tools
- 10 Preparations and installations
- 11 Documentation Joomla
- 12 Merci aux contributeurs du PBF20
- 13 Related Information
Cette année, l'événement Joomla ! Pizza Bug and Fun (PBF) a lieu le 17 octobre 2020 et verra des participants du monde entier se joindre à l'événement. Ce wiki est utilisé comme ressource centrale pour coordonner les efforts et présenter les résultats de cet événement. Vous pouvez trouver plus d'informations sur l'événement sur le site pizza-bugs-fun.com/fr/, y compris sur l'achat de marchandises PBF !
Que vous soyez débutant ou professionnel, graphiste ou programmeur, que vous ayez une agence ou un site d'association, que vous soyez une femme ou un homme, jeune ou moins jeune, le Pizza Bugs and Fun est fait pour vous. L'événement est destiné à ceux qui travaillent déjà avec Joomla ou qui veulent faire connaissance avec Joomla. Seul votre intérêt pour Joomla est important. Vous êtes toutes et tous les bienvenu(e)s. Le 17 octobre 2020, nous aimerions inviter tous les utilisateurs enthousiastes de Joomla, quelles que soient vos connaissances préalables, à améliorer encore plus Joomla. Tout soutien est grandement apprécié ! La participation est gratuite, et bien que les boissons non alcoolisées et la pizza soient normalement incluses grâce aux sponsors de l'événement, la COVID-19 nous a contraint à un événement virtuel. Les tâches du jour sont regroupées en plusieurs catégories, et selon le niveau de compétences. Ainsi, chacun, quel que soit son niveau, peut contribuer à la réalisation de ces tâches :
- Joomla 4: Joomla 4.0 is coming soon, but it still has a lot of bugs and feature requests that are untested, or need additional code, which means they cannot be added into the Joomla core. Joomla 4 Documentation is also needing lots of work.
- Patch Testing: As a main rule, new functions for Joomla have to be tested before they can be merged into an official release. Usually, it takes only a few minutes and you can help make Joomla better.
- Documentation: There are lots of Documents that need writing or maintenance. Tutorials and Help Screens are needed for Joomla! 4.
- Documentation Translation: At the PBF Event we hope to translate lots of English documents into other languages to give Joomla! users as much information as possible in their language.
- Language Packs: Sign up to Crowdin, which Joomla's now using for localisation and translation. From there, you can get started on translating Joomla into your local language. Joomla 4 language packs are ready on Crowdin for translation, and need your help to speed up completion in anticipation of Joomla 4's release.
Si vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez, voici quelques questions/réponses :
Q: Where can I register if I want to join?
A: Search for a Joomla User Group and contact them to find out if they're doing something. You can also look at starting your own Joomla User Group (JUG) near you or write an email to the team .
Q: I can't go to a location - can I join online?
A: Yes! You only need a computer and an internet connection, but unfortunately you have to order or make your own pizza.
Q: I missed it! Can I still help?
A: You sure can! Since April this year, every Saturday with the world heavily locked down, we've been running Bugs & Fun @Home (BF@H), where there's been volunteers dropping in when they can to work through the goals outlined in the list above. That's going to continue into the future, so check the BF@H page for details.
Q: How can I get more involved?
A: Joomla's after all sorts of skilled volunteers for a wide range of positions. Take a look at the Volunteers Portal, especially the Help Wanted page to see how you can help, or just start a conversation during PBF or one weekend during BF@H.
Organization, logistics and communications
PBF events are organized by local Joomla! User Groups (JUGs). 2020's a bit different as we're doing it virtually, but for future years, we'd love it if more groups came on board to participate.
If you would like to participate but don't have a user group nearby, or you are Joomla User Group and want to join, this year it's easier than ever to do so online! There are a few requirements:
- You need a room with WiFi access.
- You need some Joomlers equipped with a laptop and motivation.
- Do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the team on Glip.
Of course, you can also join from home, but where is the fun without the community and the pizza?
Joomla! is all about community, and so if you're participating in PBF, tell us, and the world, about it.
- For sharing information in the social media please use these hashtags: #pbf20 #joomla
- Also include tags for things you're working on like: #joomla4 #joomladocs #joomlatranslation #a11y #l10n
Illustrations de réseaux sociaux
Right click on the images and choose "Save Image as" to download to your computer to uses these graphics on Social Media
You can use the overlay images, which are transparent PNG files, in other programs to add the PBF Bug to your photos to promote the event.
Add your local PBF involvement to the list below (You'll need a JDOCs account, but you're about to contribute to JDOCS during PBF, so that's something you'll have soon if not already!)
This year everything is different: COVID-19 does not allow us to organize an offline event, or only under very difficult conditions. That's why we decided to create circumstances so that everybody can participate online. Please be aware that the registration process requires you to have a valid email address, and verify the account through an email that's sent to your email.
Océanie et Australie
- Australia - West End, Brisbane - in person event day
- Australia - Other regions - online only
For more information on Australia's 2020 PBF participation visit joomla.org.au/pbf
For Write Access to this Wiki
Please be aware that the registration process requires you to have a valid email address, and verify the account through an email that's sent to your email.
At a Physical Location
If you wish to be present at one of the physical locations listed above then you must register in advance because space is potentially limited. Registrations are the responsibility of the individual location organizers and you should click on the appropriate link above for more information.
Taking Bugs, Tasks and Pizza
This year PBF aren't supplying the pizza, so order your own from your favourite pizza place or here's a video we've put together on how to make your own pizza.
Exigences et conditions de participation
Pizza, Bugs & Fun is an event that aims to help meet Joomla's Mission, Vision & Values. Contributing to the Joomla! community assumes acceptance of the principles outlined in the Joomla! Code of Conduct.
- All code must be made available under the General Public Licence version 2.
- All documentation contributions must be made available under the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. Further information on the JEDL is available in the JEDL Frequently Asked Questions
- No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed. This includes backlinks to your website or anyone else's. The one exception is that if you have made a contribution then feel free to add your name and an optional link to your website to the Contributors List
- All contributions must be in English. Note that the official language of the Joomla Project is British/Australian English.
That's how teamwork works these days :-) You can check your local time compared to UTC here.
Glip - PBF20 channel
You can join the PBF20 Video Chat during the weekend from 2200UTC Friday night (when Australia kicks off PBF20) through to ~0800UTC Sunday Morning (when USA West Coast finishes Saturday night).
The PBF20 Video Chat uses BigBlueButton, and you can watch their tutorials to see how to use the features of the BigBlueButton platform.
Google Meet - Fallback
Just in case you're having issues with getting onto Glip, or the PBF Video Chat, we'll also have the Bugs & Fun @Home Google Meet open from 2200UTC as a fallback.
Preparations and installations
Outils à utiliser
There's some other tools to use to get involved as a Bug Tester for Joomla, as well as if you're looking to get involved in the Joomla project overall. The links below take you to pages on JDOCs that will help you get started.
- RingCentral (Glip) is the communication tool used by the Joomla Project.
- Once you've been added on RingCentral, search for the PBF20 channel to join the conversation.
- GitHub is the tool Joomla uses for managing the code for the CMS, and a login to GitHub also allows you to use the Issues Tracker.
- Joomla Documentation Wiki is where all of the Joomla Help documents are created and managed, and to help with documentation, create an account there and you can then help with updating Joomla's help.
- Crowdin is the translation management tool all of Joomla's official language packs are managed in. Creating an account there will allow you to help with contributing to translations in your own language.
Watch the Training Videos
Watch this training video, which takes you through a few of the above tools, and how to perform some of the tasks you'll be doing for PBF20.
Setting up a Joomla! Installation
Required if you want to test patches. There are two ways to get a Joomla! installation at PBF:
- Access one of the Pre-installed Joomla 4 installations here.
- Servers are available in the UK, USA, Germany and Spain.
- To get an instance to test on, click on the domain for a server, log in and change your password to take over the instance.
- After you've changed the password on an instance, set up the pre-installed patch tester to start testing.
- Drop a message in the PBF20 Glip, or in one of the video chats to say which instance you grabbed so others can see what's available next.
- Can't access the instance you're trying? Once the password is changed, that instance is taken, so keep trying until you can get into one. Check the PBF20 Glip channel to see what the next available instance may be.
- Set up a local installation on your device. There's a variety of options you can look at installing. Read this Joomla Magazine Article for a tutorial on installing an environment using XAMPP, as well as configuring the Joomla Patch Tester and Joomla 4.
- Check out the Bugs & Fun @Home page for a number of other links to resources relating to patch testing and setting up your test environment.
Thanks to PBF sponsor IONOS, there's 300 Joomla instances ready to go for the event, so skip setting up your own for the day.
To help you focus in on what needs doing, here's where to find the
- Explorer - Suitable for beginners. Covers documentation and translation tasks.
The Joomla Documentation Maintenance Tasks List has plenty of other items for you to consider if you're not confident getting started with the Explorer list.
- Adventurer - Covers patch testing of pull requests for Joomla.
There's always new PR's coming in during the event as code is created to address issues. Check the list of pull requests later in the day to see if there's new items to test.
- Conquerer - Advanced tasks - these are issues that require code, consideration and conversation to resolve.
Looking for a problem to resolve? In addition to the Conqueror list, the GitHub issues list has many other issues needing volunteers to create solutions for... is that you?
If you don't want to test patches but still want to give back a lot of support to the community, help writing the JDocs for Joomla! 4.
You will find all information you need to get started here. Please read:
- Create a JDoc account - read How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation
- Read the Wiki Policy
- JDoc Cheatsheet JDoc Wiki formatting codes
If you don't want to test patches but still want to give back and support the community, help to translate the JDocs.
Here you will find all the information you will need to get started. Please read How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation.
Merci aux contributeurs du PBF20
Si vous avez contribué pendant le PBF20, assurez-vous de bien enregistrer vos contributions : Contributors List