From Joomla! Documentation
As a website administrator you might be concerned about the visual appearance of a website but will pass responsibility for making changes and improvements to a web designer. Similarly, when changes to functionality are required you will contract a web developer to do the necessary work. As a website administrator you are responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the website. Activities might include ensuring that the site is properly backed up; managing user access; possibly installing extensions. You will also have responsibility for maintaining the security of the website.
The intention is that the list of topics you see below should be task-orientated and not a "feature list" for Joomla! website administration. These items should address real and common activities that an Administrator will need to perform.
Joomla! should always kept updated
If you use Joomla, you should expect from the beginning that you have to keep the CMS regularly updated. This is one of the most important security aspects in the operation of a CMS (not only specific Joomla) in the World Wide Web.
- How to keep the installed Joomla! version up to date, you can find here:
Updating from an existing version
- What version of Joomla! should you use?
පොදු කාර්යයන් සහ ප්රශ්ණ
- Logging into the control panel
- How do you recover or reset your admin password?
- Basics on backing up a Joomla Website
- Detailed Information on Global Configuration Settings
- Cannot save Global Configuration changes
- Taking the website temporarily offline
- How do you choose secure extensions?
- What is a vulnerable extension?
- Making your site Search Engine Friendly