Joomla User Group/Terms of Service
(Redirected from Portal:Joomla User Groups/Terms of Service)
Articles in this Series
The Joomla! User Group Directory is a service provided for the Joomla! community. This terms and conditions page describes the terms upon which you may access and use the Directory. By using our Directory, you affirm that you have read and accept all of the following terms and conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice.
Ownership of Copyrights and Intellectual Property You acknowledge that Open Source Matters or its content providers, own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights to the materials and reviews in the Directory unless otherwise expressly indicated. You agree not to copy, reproduce, download, disseminate, publish, or transfer content in any form or by any means, except with our prior written permission. You further agree not to collect any information from the Directory using automated means (e.g., spiders or scraping).
By providing content for the Directory or a review, you grant Open Source Matters a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive and limited license to reproduce, edit, publish, translate, and distribute in any medium whatsoever. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are the author of such content or review and have the right to grant this license; and (b) the content or review does not infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party.
Rules for Submissions
Any person or company is welcome to submit their entry for inclusion in the Joomla! User Group Directory.
There are some basic rules that all who submit their User Group must comply with to qualify for inclusion in the Directory. By submitting a User Group to the Joomla! User Group Directory, you agree to be bound by these rules.
Open Source Matters may offer different levels of participation and benefits related to the Directory. The JUG Team or Open Source Matters has the right, in its sole discretion, to set and revise rules concerning what benefits are offered to each level of participants. Open Source Matters may modify these rules at any time without notice by posting revised rules on our site. Your continued use of the Joomla! User Group Directory constitutes your agreement to be bound by the rules as modified.
- All listings must be relevant to the Joomla User Group
- Listings, home sites must not contain content of an adult or sexually explicit nature, or illegal file sharing.
- Listings, home sites must not contain content that is libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, misleading or that otherwise violates the legal rights of others (such as the right of privacy).
- Listings, home sites must not promote or engage in illegal activities, including (without limitation) infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party.
- A listing can only be listed in a single category. Multiple category listings will be removed.
- You must not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Joomla! User Groups Directory, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of our Directory, servers or networks.
- You must not post, upload, email, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains any viruses, harmful code, or other computer software or program that may damage or adversely affect the functionality of the Joomla! User Group Directory or impair others’ ability to use the Directory.
- You must not use the Joomla User Group Directory to send unsolicited emails (spamming).
- Links must be to the site that is most relevant to the Joomla User Group . Links must not result in redirection to an alternative URL.
- Sites must not imply in any way that inclusion in the Joomla! User Group constitutes endorsement by Joomla! or Open Source Matters.
All content Joomla User Group descriptions must be in English.
- The websites that are submitted can be in any language, we only require that information posted to the Joomla User Group Directory be in English. You can post duplicate description content in you local language.
- Joomla! is centered on Open Source software and other Internet and computer matters. Listings, reviews and content must not be used to promote ideological, religious, or political matters.
- Joomla User Groups content must comply with Open Source Matters trademark policies and cannot use the JOOMLA!® mark or logo in an unauthorized manner.
- Listings must comply with the current version of the Joomla! license.
- The JUG team in its sole discretion can unpublish any listing without prior notice.
- Assignment to a specific category is at the discretion of the JUG team editors.
- You are solely responsible for all content submitted to the Joomla! User Group Directory.
- All listed JUGS must ensure that their content is accurate and review or update their content at least bi-annually.
- We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is out of date.
- Listings that violate one or more of the standards listed above will not be considered for Registered Joomla User Groups. Inclusion is at the sole discretion of the site editors and Open Source Matters.
- We also reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Joomla! User Groups Directory to determine compliance with our rules. Any published listing that is found to be in conflict with the rules, as determined by directory editors Open Source Matters in its sole discretion, will:
- Be immediately deactivated (unpublished).
- Owner may be informed of the reason and allowed 14 days to either rectify the problem or request removal from the directory. We reserve the right to permanently remove any listing that is still in conflict with the rules as determined in our sole discretion.
- If the editors attempt to contact the owners of a submission or listing and no reply is received in 14 days, the entry will be permanently removed from the Directory.
- Notification by another Working Group or Community Leadership Team may result in immediate unpublishing of an entry
- Advertising or self promotion, by creating unnecessary links to personal/business sites, shouldn't be part of a User Group.
- Please stay courteous and don’t use any offensive language.
- Acceptance or rejection of reviews is at the sole discretion of the Joomla! User Group Directory team.
- The JUG Team reserves the right to remove a written review at any time after it has been put online
Unless required by law, no personal information from the Joomla! User Group members will be shared with third parties, unless this is the direct wish of said member. Open Source Matters will divulge any information collected from you when required to do so by law. In the event that Open Source Matters or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The User Group and reviews listed in this area have been submitted by the community and are for general informational purposes only. Their listing does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Joomla!/OSM.
Because the User Groups and reviews are provided by others, Joomla!/Open Source Matters, the Joomla! Project and the directory team cannot be held liable for the accuracy of the information. Visitors wishing to verify that the information is correct should contact the parties responsible for creating the content of the User Group. The information on this web site is presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. OPEN SOURCE MATTERS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OPEN SOURCE MATTERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF OPEN SOURCE MATTERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or limitations on liability. Accordingly, the above limitations may not apply to you.
We reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Directory (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and we are not liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or interruption in services. Governing Law Any dispute with respect to our Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, excluding its conflicts of laws rules. All visitors to our Site submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Maryland.