From Joomla! Documentation
This page contains many links to selected documentation concerning Template Development for and . A good place to start is with the Recommending Reading articles below as they provide a good introductory base of knowledge to build on.
A template is a type of Joomla! extension that changes the way your site looks. There are two types of templates used by the Joomla! CMS: Front-end Templates and Back-end Templates. The Front-end Template controls the way your website is presented to the user viewing the website's content. The Back-end Template controls the way your website's administrative tasks are presented for controlling management functions by a Joomla! Administrator. These would include common tasks such as: user, menu, article, category, module, component, plugin and template management. See also: Component, Module, PluginAs a developer, you are probably are more interested in how to create a Front-End Template.
Template Development FAQs
List of all articles belonging to the categories "FAQ" AND "Template Development"
- Extensions GPL notices
- Extensions distribution
- Extensions name
- How do I Remove Numbering on Section/Category Archive Page.
- How do you change the favicon?
- How do you change the images in your template?
- How do you list your extension in the extensions site?
- How to add a span element to menu entries
- Template FAQ
- Template FAQ/en
Our template development documentation contains many articles, FAQs and tutorials. A first step to developing a template is understanding how templates are executed.
- jdoc statements
- How to cloak email addresses
- Understanding Output Overrides
- Layout Overrides in Joomla 2.5
- Creating clickable background images using CSS
- Using Class Suffixes