Scheduling an Article to be available only between certain dates
From Joomla! Documentation
This article is tagged because it NEEDS IMAGE UPDATING. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Publish an Article Within a Specific Time Frame
- Log into the Administrator's Panel.
- Create a new entry or select an Article in the Content → Article Manager.
- While editing article contents, you will see the options as shown in the figure below.
- Set the Start Publishing and Finish Publishing dates. This will cause the article to only be published for the specified time period.
- The scheduling of articles is not limited to just the back-end administrator's panel. It can also be completed via the front-end administrator's panel.
- Using the Start Publishing and Finish Publishing areas.
- Setting neither the start publishing date nor the end publishing date means that the article will always show up until you either turn if off or delete it.
- If you only set the Start Publishing and not the Finish Publishing, Joomla! will begin displaying the article on the beginning publishing date given but it will never stop showing the article until you either turn it off or delete it.
- If you only set the Finish Publishing' and not the Start Publishing, Joomla! will show the article as soon as you have turned it on and will stop showing the article once the ending publishing date has been reached.
- If you use both the Start Publishing and the Finish Publishing, the article will show up only between the beginning date and the ending date.
- If you set the Start Publishing after the Finish Publishing, the article will never be displayed. If you have created articles and they are not showing up, please check your Start Publishing and Finish Publishing settings to ensure that you have not done this.