Menus Menu Item Tags Items Compact List
From Joomla! Documentation
Used to create a 'Compact List of Tagged Items' page per tag(s) selected.
How to Access
Add a new menu item 'Compact List of Tagged Items'
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] → Add New Menu Item from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel
- Select Tags → Compact List of Tagged Items in the modal popup window.
Edit an existing menu item 'Compact List of Tagged Items'
- Click on the menu item's Title in Menu items.
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Alias. The internal name of the menu item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. Learn more about Aliases.
- Menu Item Type. The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Tag. Select one or more tags.
- Content Type. Only tags of the selected types will be displayed.
- Language Filter. (Use Global/All/Current/...) Optionally filter the list of tags based on language.
- Link. The system-generated link for this menu item. This field cannot be changed and is for information only.
- Target Window. This determines how the new page will be opened. Options are:
- Parent: Open new menu item in parent window. This is the default.
- New Window With Navigation: Open menu item in a new window with full browser navigation (for example, "back" button).
- New Without Navigation: Open menu item in a new window without browser navigation.
- Template Style. Controls the template style for this menu item. A list box will show the available template styles for your site.
- - Use Default -: Use the default style for the site to show this menu item.
- [Template Style]: Select a specific template style to always show this menu item with that style.
- Menu. Shows which menu the menu item will appear in.
- Parent Item. The parent menu item for this menu item. Used to determine whether a Menu Item is a top-level item or a submenu item.
- Menu Item Root: Select the default value if this is a top-level Menu Item.
- [menu item title]: Select the Menu Item that is this menu item's parent.
- Ordering. Indicates the order of this Menu Item in the Menu. The default Order is to add the Menu Item to the end of the Menu. This Menu Item will moved to the order position just after the Menu Item selected from the dropdown list. Note: The Order can also be changed in Menu Items.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the menu item.
- Default Page. (Yes/No) If Yes, this menu item is the default or home page for the site. There must be exactly one menu item set as the default page. You can change the default page in 2 ways:
- Click on the Home column of the desired menu item in Menu Items.
- Open the menu item for the new default page and change the Default Page setting to Yes.
- Access. Who has access to this menu item.
- Public: Everyone has access.
- Guest: Everyone has access.
- Registered: Only registered users have access.
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access.
- Super Users: Only super users have access.
- Language. Select the language for this menu item. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, keep the default of All.
- Note. Menu item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this menu item) and does not show in the Frontend of the site.
- Show Tag Name. (Use Global/Show/Hide) For a layout with one tag, show the tag name.
- Tag Image. (Use Global/Show/Hide) For a layout with one tag, show the image for the tag.
- Tag Description. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the description for each tag listed (only used when a single tag is selected).
- Image. Select or upload the tag image (full image).
- Description. Enter an optional description for the tag in the text-area.
- Order. (Use Global/Title/Number of matching tags/Created Date/Modified Date/Published Date) Order tags will be displayed in.
- Direction. (Use Global/Ascending/Descending) Sort order. Ascending is lowest to highest. Descending is highest to lowest.
- Item Image. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the image for each item in the list.
- Item Description. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the description for each item in the list. The lenght may be limited using the Maximum Characters option.
- Maximum Characters. The maximum number of characters to display from the description in each tag.
- Filter Field. (Use Global/Show/Hide) The Filter Field creates a text field where a user can enter a field to be used to filter the tags shown in the list.
- Display Select. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the Display # control that allows the user to select the number of tags to show in the list.
- # Items to List. (5/10/...) The number of tagged items to include in the list. Select the desired number from the list box.
- Pagination. Show or hide Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allow the User to navigate to additional pages. These are needed if the listed tags will not fit on one page.
- Auto: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Show: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Hide: Pagination links not shown. Note: In this case, Users will not be able to navigate to additional pages.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the tags options screen.
- Pagination Results. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide the current page number and total pages (e.g., "Page 1 of 2") at the bottom of each page.
- Show Date. This option allows you to show a date in the list. Options are:
- Hide: Don't show any date.
- Created: Show the created date.
- Modified: Show the date of the last modification.
- Published: Show the start publishing date.
- Use Global: Use the value set in tags options.
- Date Format. Optional format string for showing the created, modified or published date. Related Information about Date Format.
Item Selection Options
- Match Type.
- Any: Will return items that have at least one of the tags.
- All: Will return items that have all of the tags.
- Child Tags. (Use Global/Include/Exclude) Include or exclude child tags from the result list for a tag.
- Show Feed Link. (Use Global/Show/Hide) Show or hide an RSS Feed Link. A Feed Link will show up as a feed icon in the address bar of most browsers.
- Link Title Attribute. An optional, custom description for the title attribute of the menu hyperlink.
- Link Class. An optional class to apply to the menu hyperlink.
- Link Image. Select an image to use with 'Menu Title'. Use 'Add Menu Title' set to No to show just image.
- Image Class. The class which is added to the image (src tag).
- Add Menu Title. (Yes/No) If optional image is selected, shows a 'Menu Title' next to image.
- Display in Menu. (Yes/No) Select No if you want to exclude this menu item from displaying in the menu.Note: Any submenu items will also be hidden.
- Browser Page Title. Optional text for the "Browser page title" element. If blank, a default value is used based on the Menu Item Title.
- Show Page Heading. (Use Global/Yes/No). Show or hide the Browser Page Title in the heading of the page (If no optional text entered - will default to value based on the Menu Item Title). The Page heading is usually displayed inside the H1 tag.
- Page Heading. Optional alternative text for the Page heading.
- Page Class. Optional CSS class to add to elements in this page. This allows CSS styling specific to this page.
- Meta Description. An optional paragraph to be used as the description of the page in the HTML output. This will generally display in the results of search engines. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with a name attribute of "description" and a content attribute equal to the entered text.
- Meta Keywords. Optional entry for keywords. Must be entered separated by commas (for example, "cats, dogs, pets") and may be entered in upper or lower case. (For example, "CATS" will match "cats" or "Cats").Learn more about Meta Keywords.
- Robots. The instructions for web "robots" that browse to this page.
- Use Global: Use the value from the Metadata Settings.
- index, follow: Index this page and follow the links on this page.
- noindex, follow: Do not index this page, but still follow the links on the page. For example, you might do this for a site map page where you want the links to be indexed but you don't want this page to show in search engines.
- index, nofollow: Index this page, but do not follow any links on the page. For example, you might want to do this for an events calendar, where you want the page to show in search engines but you do not want to index each event.
- noindex, nofollow: Do not index this page or follow any links on the page.
- Secure. Whether or not to use SSL and the Secure Site URL for this page.
- Off: Do not use SSL.
- On: Use SSL.
- Ignore: Ignore this setting and use the global setting for the site.
- Unassigned Modules. (Show/Hide) Show or hide modules unassigned to this menu item.
- Unpublished Modules. (Show/Hide) Show or hide modules that are unpublished.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item.Note: This toolbar icon is only shown if you edit an existing menu item.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Example Frontend Site images are generic images using Joomla core installation supplied free Frontend Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla website.
Tags List Layout
Provides an overview of the Tags available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Tags.
This is where you can
Used to set global defaults for menu items that display tags. These default values will be used when "Use Global" is selected for an option in an Tags menu item.
|Compact List of Tagged Items (this screen)||
Used to create a 'Compact List of Tagged Items' page per tag(s) selected.
|List All Tags||
Used to create a 'List All Tags' page per tag(s) selected.
Used to create a 'Tagged Items' page per tag(s) selected.
This module displays tags used on the site in a list or a cloud layout. Tags can be ordered by title or by the number of tagged items and limited to a specific time period.
The Similar Tags Module displays links to other items with similar tags. The closeness of the match can be specified.