Extensions: Update Sites
From Joomla! Documentation
A list of sites from which Joomla! Extensions can be updated on-line. Items in the list are extracted from manifest files and cannot be changed in the edit form.
How to Access
- Select System → Update panel → Update Sites from the Administrator menu.
Click on the title of a column header to sort by that column. The purpose of each column is as follows:
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items.
- Status. The status of this item (Enabled or Disabled).
- Update Site. The URL of the update source site.
- Name. The name of the Extension.
- Location. Site or Administrator Extension
- Type. Package, Component, File...
- Folder. ...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this action assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
- - Select Status - Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items: Change the status of the items to Trashed. Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar. Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
- Location. The intended destination of the extension: Site, Administrator or API.
- Type. Select from the list: Component, File, etc.
- Folder. Select from the list: actionlog, api-authentication, etc.
- Download Key. Used by commercial extensions to allow download access.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Actions: Reveals a list of actions for selected Items. Check one or more Item checkboxes to activate the list.
- Enable. Makes the selected item available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected items unavailable for use on your website.
- Delete: Deletes the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the relevant table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.