From Joomla! Documentation
Mail Templates are used to adjust the layout of various system email messages.
How to Access
- Select System → Templates panel → Mail Templates from the Administrator menu.
In the table containing Mail Templates, these are the different columns:
- Title. The name of the template.
- Component. The component where this template is used.
- Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has been created.
- No Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has not been created.
- Description. Brief description of the template.
- ID. Template ID name. This is the template_id of the mail template's record in the #_mail_templates table in the database.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages, if the site manages more than 1 language.
Filter by Component. Select from the list of components that may send emails.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.