Private Messages: Write
From Joomla! Documentation
This screen lets you write and send private messages to others with the correct User Group permissions.
How to Access
- Select Users → Messaging → Private Messages → + from the Administrator menu.
- Select Users → Messaging → Private Messages and click the "New" icon in the Private Messages screen.
- Recipient. The recipient of the message. Click on the "Select User" button to open the pop-up, and then, from the list of names, select the user to whom you wish to send the message.
- Subject. The subject of the message. Just like the subject of an email, it helps if this is a short description of the message body.
- Message. The body text of the message. Just like the body text of an email, it helps if the message is meaningful and kept relatively short.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Send: Sends the message. Note that the Recipient, Subject and Message fields cannot be blank.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.