From Joomla! Documentation
This page and the contents of the Help namespace cover the Wiki software used on this server: Mediawiki.
- If you are new to the use of Wikis and its simple markup to create pages, then you can use the:
- JDOC's Wiki Cheatsheet to learn the basic syntax commands.
- Mediawiki Handbook for a more detailed use of Mediawiki software.
- Users of other wikis (e.g. DokuWiki/JD-Wiki) should make themselves familiar with the slightly different text formatting and wikitext syntax.
Please read our list of Words to Watch.
- List of local wiki templates that can be used in your wiki pages. Templates reduce repetition and are the basis of modular documentation.
- List of local wiki extensions that have been installed on this Wiki. Extensions provide additionally functionality to the Wiki such as syntax highlighting and link search.
- List of local interwiki links that are available on this Wiki. These provide useful shortcuts to creating URLs to other websites including the Joomla forum, help screens and issue tracker, as well as links to the PHP documentation and Wikipedia.
- Extended [Image:] syntax
- <gallery> tag
- HTML in wikitext (if you have to)
- References and footnotes using <ref> and <references />
- Categories in MediaWiki
- Special pages provide useful information; explore them here
- Talk pages: Every article and each user has an associated page where messages can be left. These are separate namespaces, "Talk:" and "User talk:". Anonymous users have been disabled on this wiki.
- Message notification: user gets a "You have new messages" notice if someone else has edited their user discussion page
- Automatic signature: Just type three tildes (~) when you edit, and on saving the page, it will be replaced with your user name and a link to your user page. If you use four tildes, the current date will be added as well. Mainly intended for Talk pages.
- Support for emailing users through the wiki (email address not shown to the user)