Automated Tests Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from System Tests Working Group)
The Automated Testing Team falls under the responsibility of the Production Department, which oversees all aspects related to the code of all software lead by the Joomla! Project.
This is the home page of the Automated Test Team. This team is the result of combining the old System Testing Working Group and the Unit Testing Working Group.
Please visit the Volunteers Portal to get an overview of the members of this team.
- Improve the Quality of Joomla CMS software
- Create learning material about "how to test" for the Joomla Community.
The next steps for 2017 / 2018 are:
- System test coverage for Joomla! CMS core
- Update PHPUnit to newest version
- Code Sniffer rules
- New docker based infrastructure
- Extension Tests for B/C.
- Merge system tests into core (tests/codeception)
Google Summer of Code
- Parallel Testing setup
- PR Testing platform.
- System test architecture.
Google Summer of Code
- focus on Joomla system Tests and test architecture for Joomla.
- Writing System Tests for Joomla!
- Writting system tests with Codeception: Testing Joomla Extensions with Codeception
- Javier Gomez presentation of Joomla System Testing at Joomla World Conference 2014: http://prezi.com/qsf17leurgbe/automated-system-testing-in-joomla/
- Joomla! Testing Overview 2016 session slides: https://www.slideshare.net/YvesHoppe/joomla-testing-jdd-germany-2016.
- Joomla System tests: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/tree/staging/tests/codeception
- com_weblinks: https://github.com/joomla-extensions/weblinks - Extension testing project with Codeception
- Old system tests repository: https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc16_browser-automated-tests
- Basic steps and actions for Joomla Selenium / Codeception tests: https://github.com/joomla-projects/joomla-browser
- JoRobo build scripts for building extensions: https://github.com/joomla-projects/jorobo
- Joomla Robo.li testing scripts: https://github.com/joomla-projects/joomla-testing-robo
- The Joomla Docker Container for System Tests
- Docker system testing image: https://github.com/joomla-projects/docker-systemtests
- JS Tests (merged in core): https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc16_js-unit-tests
- Joomla vagrant testing box: https://github.com/joomla-projects/vagrant-joomla-testing Groups
- Selenium package with webdrivers: https://github.com/joomla-projects/selenium-server-standalone