Tips: Converting extensions to 1.6
From Joomla! Documentation
This page is intended as a collection of quick tips on API and general changes in 1.6. Please add any tips, and link to any further detailed information as its created.
- $mainframe is no longer defined, you have to do $mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
- The user event 'onLoginUser' is now 'onUserLogin'
- config.xml has different tags and supports multiple options pages.
- The modules, components and plugins tables were consolidated in the #__extensions table.
- Translations format has changed. Avoid double quotes or encode them as "_QQ_". Enclose all strings in double quotes.
- Parameters internal representation has changed from INI to JSON. If you do custom parsing, you need to be aware.