From Joomla! Documentation
Configure Joomla Two-factor Authentication ( LastPass-Authenticator )
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) also called two-step verification, is a security process in which a user has to pass two different authentication methods to gain access to an account or a computer system. First factor is the basic thing you know: username and password, and the second factor is what you might have as unique as a (Smartphone, security token, biometric) to approve authentication requests.
The Joomla 2-factor Authentication (2FA/MFA) plugin will add a second layer of authentication to your Joomla account to increase the security of your site from unwanted hacks and unauthorized login attempts.
You can download the Joomla 2-Factor Authentication plugin, click here.
Avoid the hassle of remembering passwords and risk of losing credentials by using Passwordless authentication. Passwordless connections allow users to log in without the need to remember a password. Users can just enter the username and pass the Two-factor authentication - 2FA by entering OTP or via push notifications to login to the application. This gives an individual an easy and convenient way to sign in and access data from anywhere. Also, Passwords are a major vulnerability as users reuse passwords and are able to share them with others.
Install miniOrange 2-Factor authentication (2FA/MFA) Plugin
- From Joomla dashboard from the left menu click on System
- Now go to the System -> under Install section -> click on Extensions
- Now under Upload Package File click on browse for file then select zip file of 2FA plugin.
- Once Zip file is uploaded then click on Components -> miniOrange Two Factor Authentication -> Register/Login.
- Now you can Register with miniOrange
Configure LastPass Authenticator 2FA method
- Click on Configure button of LastPass Authenticator.
- Now download and install the LastPass Authenticator App. Then Scan QR code or use Secret Code . Then enter the Passcode generated by LastPass Authenticator, then click on Verify button.
- Now you Successfully configured and Activated LastPass Authenticator method.
- Now click on Test button of LastPass Authenticator.
- Now enter LastPass Authenticator passcode and then click on Validate.
- Test Successful.
If you want Business Trial for FREE Click Here
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.