1- What is this?
- This is a Joomla! installation/upgrade package to version 3.0.x
- Joomla! Official site: http://www.joomla.org
- Joomla 3.0 version history - http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_3.0_version_history
- Detailed changes in the Changelog: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=/development/trunk/administrator/&view=log
2- What is Joomla?
- Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful web server application and it requires a server with PHP and either MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server to run it.
- More details here: http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla.html
3- Is Joomla for you?
- Joomla is the right solution for any content web project: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_Is_it_for_me%3F
- See Features - http://www.joomla.org/core-features.html
- Try out our online demo: http://demo.joomla.org/
4- How to find a Joomla! translation? * Repository of accredited language packs: http://community.joomla.org/translations.html * Directory of non-accredited language packs (see above for accredited): http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/translations-for-joomla
5- Learn Joomla!
- Read Getting Started with Joomla to find out the basics: http://docs.joomla.org/Getting_Started_with_Joomla!
- Before installing, read the beginners guide: http://docs.joomla.org/Beginners
6- What are the limits of Joomla?
- Joomla sites can be extended in functionalities with Extensions that you can create (or download) to suite your needs.
- There are lots of ready made extensions that you can download and install.
- See the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED): http://extensions.joomla.org
7- Is it easy to change the layout display?
- The layout is controlled by templates that you can edit.
- There are lots of ready made templates that you can download.
8- Ready to install Joomla?
- See minimum requirements here: http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
- How do you install Joomla! ? - http://docs.joomla.org/Installing_Joomla!
- Start your Joomla experience building your site with a local test server.
- When ready it can be moved to an on-line hosting account of your choice.
- See the tutorial
9- Updates are free!
- Always use the latest version: http://www.joomla.org/download.html
10- Where can you get support and help?
- FAQ Frequently Asked Questions: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:FAQ
- Find the information you need: http://docs.joomla.org/Start_here
- Find help and other users: http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/create-and-share.html
- Post questions at our forums: http://forum.joomla.org
- Joomla Resources Directory (JRD): http://resources.joomla.org/tos.html
11- Do you already have a Joomla site that's not built with Joomla 3.0.x ?
- What's new in Joomla 3.0.x - http://www.joomla.org/3
- What are the main differences from 2.5 to 3.0? Table of contents: :http://docs.joomla.org/Differences_from_Joomla_2.5_to_Joomla_3.0
- How to migrate from 2.5.x to 3.0.x? Tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_Joomla_2.5_to_Joomla_3.0
- What are the main differences from 1.5 to 2.5? Table of contents: :http://docs.joomla.org/Differences_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_2.5
- How to migrate from 1.5.x to 3.0.x? Tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_3.0
- Convert an existing Web site to Joomla - http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_Convert_an_existing_Web_site_to_a_Joomla!_Web_site
12- Do you want to improve Joomla?
- How do you request a feature? http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_request_a_feature%3F
- How do you report a bug? http://docs.joomla.org/Filing_bugs_and_issues
- Get Involved: Joomla! is a community developed software. Join the community at http://www.joomla.org
- Are you a Developer? http://docs.joomla.org/Developers
- Are you a Web designer? http://docs.joomla.org/Web_designers