Adding a new article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:40, 28 February 2011 by Vaganyik
New articles can be added using either the Add Article button or the Article Manager Screen in the Administrator back-end.
- Log in to the Administrator back-end. To learn how to do this read: Logging in or out of the Administrator back-end.
- Click on the Add New Article button in the main Control Panel to open the New Article screen or,
- Click the Content > New Article menu item to go to the Article Manager. Then click the New toolbar button.
- The New Article screen contains options for categorising and naming the article, editing content and selecting parameters.
- Enter a title in the Title field. This is used when the article title is displayed.
- Enter an alias in the Alias field. The alias is used to refer to the title and is important for the Search Engine Friendly Address features in Joomla! For more information about the SEF features in Joomla! read: Beginners#Address_Search_Engine_Optimization. If you do not enter anything, Joomla! will generate it for you.
- Select a Section and Category using the drop down menus.
- Choose whether the article is published or not using the Published radio buttons.
- Choose whether the article will be displayed by the Frontpage component using the Front Page radio buttons .
- Now enter your content using the editor in the New Article screen. For more information on the different editors available in Joomla! read: Content_creators#Content_Editors.
- You may also choose Parameters for the article. Click on each section to view the parameters and change the settings to suit your requirements.
- Click the Save or Apply toolbar button to save your article.
- The Save toolbar button will save your changes and return you to the Article Manager screen.
- The Apply button will save your changes but leave you in the Article Edit screen.
- You should see a blue message: Successfully saved changes to Article: article_title.
- If you have not completed the Article Title, Section or Category fields, you will see an error message indicating this.