Adding a new menu
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 03:03, 6 July 2008 by Jonflgiles
This page is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
To add a new menu:
- Log in to the Joomla! Back-end Administrator.
- Click Menus > Menu Manager on the toolbar menu. The Menu Manager screen opens.
- Click the New toolbar button. The New/Edit Menu screen opens.
- Complete the fields as required:
- Unique Name: The identification name used by Joomla! to identify this menu. It must be unique. Spaces are not recommended.
- Title: A proper title for the menu. This is used to identify the menu in the Menu Manger and is also used as the menu title when displayed in the Front-end.
- Description: A description of the menu, useful for your own reference.
- Module Title: The title that will be given to the mod_mainmenu module in the Module Manager. If left blank, a module will not be created and you will not be able to show this menu in the Front-end. This will only be displayed when creating a new menu.
- Click the Save toolbar button to create the new menu.
- To leave without saving click the Close toolbar button.
You can now add new items to the newly created menu.