Difference between revisions of "CMS Architecture in 1.5 and 1.6"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (Hutchy68 moved page CMS Architecture in 1.5 and 1.6 to Archived:CMS Architecture in 1.5 and 1.6: archiving information, references unsupported versions)
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 16:35, 27 May 2013
- The top, Extensions layer, consists of Extensions to the Joomla Framework and its applications:
- The middle, Application layer, consists of applications that extend the Framework JApplication class. Currently, there are four applications included in the Joomla distribution:
- JInstallation is responsible for installing Joomla on a web server and is deleted after the installation procedure has been completed.
- JAdministrator is responsible for the back-end website administration.
- JSite is responsible for the front-end of the website.
- XML-RPC supports remote administration of the Joomla website.
- The bottom, Framework layer, consists of: