Uninstalling an extension
From Joomla! Documentation
This page has been archived. This page contains information for an unsupported Joomla! version or is no longer relevant. It exists only as a historical reference, it will not be improved and its content may be incomplete and/or contain broken links.
If you wish to uninstall an extension on your Joomla site, then follow these simple steps:
- Select "Extensions" and then "Extension Manager" from the dropdown menu
- Select "Manage" on the left menu (3.x) or on the menu below the title "Extension Manager: Manage" (2.5)
- Select the type of extension you wish to uninstall. You will have the choice between Components, Files, Modules, Plugins, Languages and Templates.
- Find the extension you wish to uninstall and check the checkbox to the left of the extension title.
- Press "Uninstall" In the upper-right corner of the screen (2.5) or on below the title "Extension Manager: Manage" (3.0)
It's as simple as that. If Joomla can't uninstall the extension, you will be prompted with an error message. If this happens, it's most likely to be caused by the extension. As extensions are developed by third-party volunteers, you will have to try to get support from the developers of the specific extension.