Bug Squad Automated Testing Team
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:31, 26 May 2010 by Betweenbrain
News and Updates
2010 05 24 document created.
Automated testing is a key technology being incorporated into the workings of JBS. At the present, this is a somewhat specialized skill, and a team of people who are familiar with this will help write automated tests and train other JBS members on automated testing. Our aim is to eventually make automated testing a routine part of fixing issues.
System & Unit Testing
For a good comparison of the two, see System Testing versus Unit Testing
To get started with Automated Testing, there are a few prerequisites:
- If you haven't done so already, please read the Bug Squad Welcome Message and pay careful attention to the Bug Tracking Process
- Set up your workstation for Joomla development Eclipse | NetBeans
- Set up your workstation for Running Automated Tests
- Contact us via email at the Joomla! bug Squad mailinglist http://groups.google.com/group/joomlabugsquad
- Join the Joomla! bug Squad on IRC at #joomla-bug-squad | http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#joomla-bug-squad
- Join the Joomla! bug Squad group at http://people.joomla.org/groups/viewgroup/95-Joomla+Bug+Squad.html
- See the category links below