Difference between revisions of "CMS Architecture in 1.5 and 1.6"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (more editing and improving)
m (moved About the Joomla Framework to CMS Architecture in 1.5 and 1.6: This page describes the entire architecture of the CMS in those two releases and not just the Framework.)
Revision as of 07:36, 24 August 2012
- The top, Extensions layer, consists of Extensions to the Joomla Framework and its applications:
- The middle, Application layer, consists of applications that extend the Framework JApplication class. Currently there are four applications included in the Joomla distribution:-
- JInstallation is responsible for installing Joomla on a web server and is deleted after the installation procedure has been completed.
- JAdministrator is responsible for the back-end website administration.
- JSite is responsible for the front-end of the website.
- XML-RPC supports remote administration of the Joomla website.
- The bottom, Framework layer, consists of:-