Changing user groups
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:25, 8 October 2013 by Tom Hutchison
Changing User Groups
You can change a user's group by following these steps. You must log in as an Administrator or Super-Administrator to be able to change a users groups. Also, a Administrator cannot make himself or others a Super-Administrator.
- Log into the Administrator Back-end via the sitename/administrator URL.
- Click on Site, then User Manager
- Click on the check box next to the user you want to change, then click Edit in the top right corner.
- In the User Details section, change the user's group.
- Click Save.
Access Control List (ACL) for Joomla
The following lists the Access Control List (ACL) for Joomla. The user group is listed, and the bullets below describe the permissions associated with that group.
- View public site and public articles
- Guest Group privileges
- View registered articles
- Registered Group privileges
- Create new articles
- Edit articles they own
- View special content
- Author Group privileges
- Edit all articles, including unpublished ones
- Editor Group privileges
- Publish articles
These groups allow you to log into the Administrator Back-end via the sitename/administrator URL.
- Publisher Group privileges
- Access Administrator Back-end
- Manager Group privileges
- Create new users
- Install extensions
- Administrator privileges
- Change site template
- Change global configuration