Checkbox form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:13, 9 November 2013 by Arash keifi
The checkbox form field type provides a single checkbox. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be checkbox
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- value (optional) is the value of the parameter if this checkbox is set (usually 1).
- default (optional) is the default value (usually 0 or 1).
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the label.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'inputbox'.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="show_title" type="checkbox" label="Show title" description="Show the title of the item" value="1" />
Example XML field definition (unchecked):
<field name="show_title" type="checkbox" label="Show title" description="Show the title of the item" value="1" default="0" />
Special care needs to be taken with saving a checkbox from a form!! This is a common mistake.
You see, on saving a form with a checkbox that is unchecked, there is no variable for it in the POST information and joomla does not take care of that yet!
See Discussion on this page for more.