Help screen column header Detail Tab Banner Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:57, 7 January 2013 by Tom Hutchison
- Name. The name of the Banner. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Manager.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- Type. The type of banner to display. Options are an image file or custom HTML code.
- Image. (Only used for banner type Image). Image file to display for the banner. Click the Select button to browse and select the image file to use. Use the Media Manager to upload Banner image files to your site. Images for Banners have to be in the /images/banners/ directory.
- Width. (Only used for banner type Image) The fixed width to resize the banner image to. Leave this blank if you want to use the actual width of the banner image file.
- Height. (Only used for banner type Image) The fixed height to resize the banner image to. Leave this blank if you want to use the actual height of the banner image file.
- Alternative Text. (Only used for banner type Image). Text to display in place of the banner image in the event the image cannot be displayed.
- Alternative Text. Alternative text for the Banner's image.
- Custom Code. (Only used for banner type Custom). The HTML code to insert in the place of a banner image file.
- Click URL. The URL to navigate to when the User clicks on the Banner.
- Description. Enter a description for the Banner.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.</translate>