Componentlayout form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:42, 15 January 2012 by Samcoult
The componentlayout form field type provides a drop down list of all available layouts for a view of an extension. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be category.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- extension (mandatory) is the name of the extension for which the layouts will be retrieved (e.g. 'com_content').
- view (mandatory) is the name of the view for which the layouts will be retrieved (e.g. 'article').
- useglobal (optional).
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML parameter definition:
<field name="mylayout" type="componentlayout" extension="com_content" view="article" label="JFIELD_ALT_LAYOUR" description="JFIELD_ALT_COMPONENT_LAYOUT" />