Customising the JA Purity template
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:19, 12 June 2009 by Jwwicks
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Template Layout
- 3 Customisation - Basics
- 4 Customisation - Intermediate
- 5 Customisation - Advanced
- 6 Known Issues and Bugs
- 7 See also
JA Purity is a highly customizable template available by default in standard Joomla 1.5 installations. JA Purity was designed by JoomlArt.com and features the following:
- Screen width configuration (Fluid/Narrow/Widescreen/Fixed in pixel or percentage)
- Multiple colors schemes (Red, Green, Blue and Black )
- Well Structured, xHTML/CSS validated and SEO-optimized source
- Cross-browser support for Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox, Safari, Opera
If you have a support question about the JA Purity template check for a solution on the following forum.
Before You Start
Before you start hacking away at the template you may want to download the tutorial template. This will save you from worrying about any updates to the Joomla source that might overwrite your edits. Once you download the archive, rename it as my_japurity.zip and then log into the Administration area of your Joomla site and install the template. This tutorial is based on the latest template version as of Joomla version 1.5.11. You may want to use the modifications to index.php since they strip out some embedded text strings in the source and use the MACROS in the language initialization files.
Here's the directory structure for the template. Click to see a description of the directory contents (if available) <imagemap> Image:JA_Purity_directories.jpg default Ja purity directory structure desc bottom-left </imagemap>
Click on the picture to see the descriptions (if available) <imagemap> Image:JA_Purity_Tutorial_Main.png default Customising the JA Purity template desc bottom-left </imagemap>
Customisation - Basics
Customise Module Position and Content
Customise the Logo
Customise the Header
Customise the Favicon
Customisation - Intermediate
Customisation - Advanced
Known Issues and Bugs
- Left position fails to collapse when no module present.
- PROBLEM: When Joomla cache is enabled reference Joomla 1.5.10 and before) and clicking a menu item it doesn't change color. It is impossible to understand which is the active menu item. SOLUTION: for now the only solution is to disable the cache function in the mod_mainmenu: go to 'Tools>Module Manager' and select the 'Main Menu' module (type=mod_mainmenu). Under 'Parameters>Advanced Parameters' select 'Caching>No Caching'.