Development Strategy of Joomla!
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 17:39, 13 March 2008 by Willebil
|This section is work in progress|
This document covers all aspects of Joomla! development and contains a lot of information in several areas of interest. Some of the questions that we will answer include, "How does the team function as a development group?", "How are decisions made?", "What the overarching processes are in the life cycle of the software?" etc.
This section is a complete re-write of the development strategy of Joomla! This documentation has been created after we have done an evaluation of the Joomla! 1.5 development cycle. The main "chapters" of the documentation can be found in the sections below. Please click on the corresponding link below to read the topic in more detail. We suggest you take a look at the Development FAQ if you look for a specific topic, but don't know where to start.
- Code of conduct
- Team membership
- Development -and code base life-cycle
- Inter-workgroup relationship
- Communications and tools
- Development FAQ
This wiki holds several references to other more in-depth articles. If you are interested, or maybe even responsible for a certain area of the project, please take note of this information. For readers that want to quickly jump ahead to a certain topic we offer a brief directory below that is designed to accommodate various audience members based upon a "reader’s profile".
- If you are a new Development workgroup member it is advisable to sit back, take some time and read the whole document. It contains almost everything you need to know about the way we try to work together.
- If you are an existing Development workgroup member who seeks information on a specific topic, please see the topics overview in the table below.
- If you have recently changed roles within the workgroup, we advise you to take a close look at the team structure section, which explains how we collaborate internally as well as externally and team member responsibilities.
- If you are a non-Development workgroup member, take a closer look at the Inter-workgroup relationship section as it contains general information about the way we interact with other working groups within the Joomla! project. Also the development and code-base life-cycle sections may be of interest to you.
Overview of informational areas
This wiki holds quite a lot of information that can be divided into general categories. If you seek out certain information these categories can guide you to a specific area of interest. There is an overview of these categories available in the table below.
|Organizational aspects||Team Membership, Team Positions, Responsibilities and levels, Membership status, Conflict resolution, Resignation|
|Working together other workgroups||Inter-workgroup relationships, Team membership, Code of conduct|
|Development -and code-base life-cycle||Development -and code-base life-cycle, Version strategy, Code base life cycle, Coding philosophy and coding styles|