Development Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:59, 5 August 2008 by Willebil
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
"..To develop a cutting edge, state of the art Web Content Management application framework..."
The main responsibility of the Development Working Group is taking care of the development of the Joomla! application framework and the Joomla! Content Management System (CMS). Besides the development of the Joomla! codebase the development working group defines the Joomla! roadmap strategy, creating (architectural) designs for major and minor versions and of course take care of bug and security fixes in maintenance versions.
The development working group holds two teams: the Development Team and the so called Bug Squad. Both teams have a separate responsibility but together they form the development force for the Joomla! project.
Joomla! is as every other open-source project based upon the fundaments of collaborative and is a community-driven project. This means that the software, the documentation, the ever growing number of available the extensions, support (forum, mailing, lists newsletters, user groups are collaboratively produced by users and developers all over the world.
In this section of the documentation wiki we have tried to describe all relevant aspects to Joomla! development. OUr effort strives to be as complete as we can be, but we don't rule out that information you are looking for is not (yet) documented. We encourage everyone to help completing the documentation effort and maximize the community effect within the Joomla! project.
- 1 Joomla! development goals
- 2 How to contribute to Joomla! development
- 3 Coding standards
- 4 Writing secure Joomla! code
- 5 Joomla! maintenance
- 6 Unit testing within Joomla!
- 7 How does a Joomla! development environment look like
- 8 Debuging your Joomla! code
- 9 Subversion (SVN)
- 10 Joomla! organization
- 11 Joomla! planning process and procedures
Joomla! development goals
How to contribute to Joomla! development
Writing secure Joomla! code
Unit testing within Joomla!
How does a Joomla! development environment look like
Debuging your Joomla! code
- An explanation on how the Development Team is organized.
- An explanation on how the Bug Squad is organized.
Joomla! planning process and procedures
- Description on the Development Strategy of Joomla!
- A description of how the Joomla! Maintenance Procedures are organized
- Release procedure and checklist
- Team member administration