GSoC Mentor Guidelines
From Joomla! Documentation
Want to become a Mentor?
Mentors play a crucial role in the program by guiding students during projects' development. They will help students to set realistic goals and to review their code when needed. That's the reason why mentors should be familiar with the Joomla! code base. Mentoring for GSoC requires commitment and dedicated time during the eight week project period. Here are some resources for mentors to become familiar with the GSoC program.
- Decide if you are eligible.
- Go through the Mentor Manual on GSoC site.
- Go through the Rules for the Program on the GSoC Site.
- Read the Mentor Participation Agreement from Google.
- Examine the list of available project ideas in Joomla for GSoC 2020.
- Help students in the Joomla GSoC Mailing list.
- Register on GSoC site as a mentor (after mentor registrations open).