Gci 2012 tasks
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 23:09, 4 November 2012 by Elin
Google Code-In 2012 Task List
Coding tasks are separated into either Platform or CMS tasks. When writing any code targeted for Joomla, it is important to follow all of Joomla's coding standards. Code will not be accepted or merged without tests and proper code style. There is information on this docs site and on Github regarding the code style requirements.
- Add to content modules support for pulling in article full or intro images. (Using JImage for thumbs)
- Add support of JImage create thumbs for article intro / full images.
Excellent documentation takes many forms. It also has many audiences. The audiences include:
- Web masters
- Site users/Content creators
- Core developers
- Template designers
- Extension developers
- Platform application developers
In the Joomla! Project documentation is found in many places. Some examples are:
- The Joomla docs wiki http://docs.joomla.org
- Doc blocks in platform and CMS code (also displayed at http://api.joomla.org
- The Platform Manual at http://developer.joomla.org/manual/ (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-platform/tree/staging/docs/manual)
- Complete the help screen for the contact creator plugin
- Complete the help screen for Smart Search
- Review all core content component (content, weblinks, contact, newsfeeds) models and provide complete docblocks for all methods, constants and properties.
- Create a chapter in the Platform Manual for JForm and document the general JForm class.
Marketing / Outreach
Joomla has a marketing team that performs various tasks such as usability of the Joomla.org family sites, SWOT analysis and more.
- Develop Award Team: Assemble working group to document international, national and regional contests and award programs in which Joomla! could compete. Create resource documents for nominations/applications. Develop budget for entry fees and submit to OSM for funding. Work in conjunction with Marketing, Production, Event, Magazine and Social Media teams to ensure successful outcomes.
The platform and CMS need improvement in the test coverage. Tests written for specific packages that require more code coverage can be considered a task. See http://developer.joomla.org/coverage/ for specific coverage information.
Joomla has a JUX (Joomla User Experience) team that has done much of the work to improve the usability of Joomla 3.x. There is still much work that can be done to improve Joomla's usability and accessibility.