Groupedlist form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 05:30, 30 March 2012 by Joomlafreaks
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters.|
The groupedlist form field type provides a drop down list or a list box of custom-defined entries which has the ability to show grouped data. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be groupedlist.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default list item value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'inputbox'.
- multiple (optional) is whether multiple items can be selected at the same time (true or false).
<field> element must include one or more
<option> elements which define the list items. The text between the
</option> tags is what will be shown in the drop down list and is a translatable string. The
<option> tag takes the following argument:
- value (mandatory) is the value that will be saved for the field if this item is selected.
Tip: Don't forget to close the field definition with
To group the data simply put a
<group> before the
<option> elements you want to group and a
</group> after them. The
<group> tag takes the following argument:
- label (translatable) is the text shown in the list.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="mylistvalue" type="groupedlist" default="" label="Select an option" description=""> <group label="Group 1"> <option value="0">Option 1</option> <option value="1">Option 2</option> </group> <group label="Group 2"> <option value="3">Option 3</option> <option value="4">Option 4</option> </group> <option value="5">Option 5</option> <option value="6">Option 6</option> </field>