From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:06, 26 June 2008 by Dextercowley
How to access
Select Tools → Global Check-in from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
Selecting this menu option causes Joomla! to perform a global check-in of all checked out or locked items. It then shows the results of the global check-in. This is useful, for example, if an Articles is locked by a User who opened it for editing and never finished the editing session. In this case, other Users are not able to edit this Article. Doing a global check-in releases all such items.
- Database table. The name of the table checked.
- # of Items. The number of items checked out from the table.
- Checked in. Whether the items were successfully checked in. A green tick indicates that the table was checked in successfully. A red X indicates that the table was not checked in correctly. An empty column indicates that there were no items to check in.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- If an Article or some other content element is locked, do a Global Check-in to unlock it.
- Make sure no one is in the middle of editing any items before you perform a global check-in. When a Global Check-in is done, all items are checked in, including those currently being edited.
- To see all logged in users: User Manager