Difference between revisions of "Screen.contactmanager.edit.15"
From Joomla! Documentation
|Line 81:||Line 81:|
=== E-mail Parameters ===
=== E-mail Parameters ===
Revision as of 21:22, 30 March 2008
In this screen you have the ability to create a contact (when you click on the 'New' button in the Contact Manager), or to edit an existing contact (when you select a contact and click on the 'Edit' button in the Contact Manager).
Details and description
You will see different fields where you can fill in or edit information of the contact. These are:
Name: Fill in the name of the feed. This field is required.
Alias: This name is a shortened title of the feed, used when using SEF.
Published: Select Yes when you want the section to be published, and No when you do not want the section to be published.
Category: Choose the category you want this feed to belong to.
Linked to User: If this contact is to be linked to a registered user, select that user here.
Order: The order of the feed in the category. When creating a new feed, it will have the default setting of the last place. The order can be changed after the feed is saved.
Access Level: Choose who can view this contact's information.
Contact's Position: Enter the contact's current position as regards the site.
E-mail: Enter this contact's email address.
Street Address: Enter this contact's street address.
Town/Suburb: Enter this contact's town or suburb.
State/County: Enter this contact's state.
Postal Code/ZIP: Enter this contact's postal code.
Country: Enter this contact's country.
Telephone: Enter this contact's phone number.
Mobile Phone Number: Enter this contact's mobile phone number.
Fax: Enter this contact's fax number.
Web URL: Enter a website address for this contact.
Miscellaneous Information: Enter any other information about this contact. No HTML is allowed in this field.
Contact Image: Choose an image to display against this contact. Images can be uploaded using the Media Manager.
- Name Hide/Show
- Contact's Position Hide/Show
- E-mail Hide/Show
- Street Address Hide/Show
- Town/Suburb Hide/Show
- State/County Hide/Show
- Postal/Zip Code Hide/Show
- Country Hide/Show
- Telephone Hide/Show
- Mobile Phone Number Hide/Show
- Fax Hide/Show
- Web URL Hide/Show
- Miscellaneous Information Hide/Show
- Contact Image Hide/Show
- vCard Hide/Show
- Icons/Text Icons/Text/None
- Address Icon Choose image to use for address icon
- E-mail Icon Choose image to use for e-mail icon
- Telephone Icon Choose image to use for telephone icon
- Mobile Icon Choose image to use for mobile phone icon
- Fax Icon Choose image to use for fax icon
- Miscellaneous Icon Choose image to use for miscellaneous info icon
- E-mail Form Hide/Show
- Description Text Enter e-mail description
- E-mail Copy Hide/Show
- Banned E-mail Enter a list of addresses which are unable to email this contact
- Banned Subject Enter a list of subjects which are unacceptable for this contact
- Banned Text Enter a list of words/phrases which are unacceptable for this contact
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
Save: Save the feed and return to the main screen of the News Feed Manager
Cancel: Go back to the main screen of the News Feed Manager, without saving the feed you edited or created.
Help: Open the Help Screen for the News Feed Manager: New/Edit. That is the same screen as this Help Screen.
Joomla! 1.0 did not have the alias field.
You will use the Contact Manager New/Edit when you want to add a contact, or edit an existing contact. Here you will find some of the reasons for the use of this screen.
- You want to create a new contact.
- You want to change the name or alias of a contact.
- You want to change the category of a contact.
- You want to change the user a contact links to.
- You want to change the order of a feed within it's category.
Points to Watch
- Name of the contact is required.
- Contact categories must be added before adding the contact.
- The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated.
- The Alias should consist of lowercase letters, and no blank spaces are allowed. Use a hyphen (-) instead.
Contact categories are added using the Category Manager, but are not linked to sections.