From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:59, 20 March 2008 by Drmmr763
How to access
You can access the Media Manager through the Control Panel, or by going to Site > Media Manager.
The Media Manager is a very useful for uploading or deleting files in the <joomlaroot>/images/ directory on your web server. You can upload new files, delete existing ones, and create sub-directories. The Media Manager offers two views, thumbnails, and details view. The first will show a much smaller version of the original file (assuming that is an image), the second (details) will show the file name, dimensions, and file size. There is also a handy 'delete' button next to each file.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Delete. To delete one or more items, select them and click this button. The selected items will be deleted. Note: only empty items can be deleted.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Switching Views
- To alternate views between thumbnails and details simply select the view you want by clicking "Thumbnails View" for the thumbnail view, and similarly, "Details View" for the a details view.
- The Media Manager's upload capacity can be changed in the Global Configuration.
- You can browse for a lot of files. Click on 'Start Upload' to upload all images displayed beneath it.
- Click on 'Clear completed' to delete the completed files from the uploading list. The images will not be removed from your /images directory of course.