From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:45, 26 June 2008 by Dextercowley
How to Access
Select Tools → Read Messages from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Private Messaging screen allows you to send messages to other Back-end Joomla! users. You can read, write, send, and delete messages here.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more messages. To select all messages, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click the Delete button in the toolbar to delete the selected messages.
- Subject. The Subject line of the message. Click this to view, reply to, or delete the message.
- Read. A green tick indicates that the message has been read. A red X indicates that it has not been read.
- From. The User who sent the message.
- Date. The date and time the message was sent.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).