From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:22, 26 May 2008 by Drmmr763
How to Access
Select Components → News Feeds → Categories. Once at the News Feeds Category Manager, from the toolbar, select new.
The New/Edit page for the News Feeds Category Manager is an edit/create screen that allows Joomla! website administrators to create new, or edit existing, News Feeds Categories. Categories allow a broken down structure of News Feeds. You must have at least one category before you can create any news feeds!
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article, Section, or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Published. Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
- Public: Everyone has access
- Registered: Only registered users have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- You can change an item's Access Level by clicking on the icon in the column.
- Image. Image for this Page. Image must be located in the folder "images/stories".
- Image Position. Position of the Image on the page. Select Left or Right from the drop-down list box.