From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 01:44, 29 January 2009 by Mic
Article stub for purge expired cache.
How to Access
Select Tools → Purge Expired Cache from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation.
This tool will purge all expired cache files and therefore clean up the the webspace.
- Note: if you have a large amount of items we recommend to purge the files as many times as possible to avoid overloading your webspace!
- Warning: if you have a great amount of cache files and your server settings of 'max_input_time' is set to less then 60 (seconds), you mave recieve a php warning message. In this case start this process again!
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Purge Expired.Click on this Button will start the purging process.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Purging cached files is recommended if there is a great amount of items.
- If you recieve an error / a warning during the process, start this tool again.
- To change the cache settings for your site: Global Configuration - Cache Settings