Components Banners Clients Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 11:11, 6 November 2010 by Jcutrone
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
Navigate to the the Banner Client Manager. To add a new Banner Client, click on the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Banner Client, click on the Client's Name or check the Client's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you add a new Banner Client or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Banner Client before you can create a Banner.
- Client Name. The name of the client. This is the name that will display in the Name column of the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact Name. The name of the banner client.
- Contact E-mail. The e-mail address of the banner client.
- State. The state of the client. Options are Published, Unpublished, Archived and Trash.
- Purchase Type. The purchase type of the banner. This is used to indicate how the banner client purchased the display time for the banner - monthly, yearly, etc...
- Track Impressions. Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is displayed to web site visitors.
- Track Clicks. Whether or not to track the number of times the banner is clicked by web site visitors.
- ID. The internal Joomla! ID number for the banner. This is not configurable.
- Meta Keywords. Optional keywords to be used for displaying specific banners based on the content of the article being viewed. If the banner module parameter 'Search By Keyword' is set to 'Yes', banners whose keywords match the keywords entered for each article will display when that article is being viewed.
- Use Own Prefix. Whether or not to use the banner's prefix or that of the client. Select No if you want to use the prefix of the banner client.
- Meta Keyword Prefix. When matching meta keywords, only search for meta keywords with these optional prefixes. This improves performance.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Save it and return to editing the menu details.
- Apply. Save it, but stay in the same screen. If you have been working on a screen for a long time and don't want to risk losing your work, pressing Apply saves your work and lets you continue working. If, for example, you lost your Internet connection, your work will be saved up this point.
- Cancel. Go back to the main screen of the Manager, without saving the modifications you made.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.