Components Redirect Manager Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:43, 13 January 2011 by Jcutrone
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit redirects.
How to access
Navigate to the the Redirect Manager. To add a new Redirect, click on the New icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Redirect, click on the Redirect's Expired URL field or check the Redirect's checkbox and press the Edit icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a new redirect or edit an existing one. The URL you want to redirect from must not be a working one on your website which actually loads a web page. It can be the URL to a web page which you have disabled in the Joomla! back-end administrator interface. The Source URL you specify when you create the redirect should be the full URL as you would type it in your web browser. The Destination URL you specify when you create a redirect must be the full URL as well.
Details and Options
- Source URL.
- Destination URL.
- Created Date.
- Last Updated Date.
At the top right you will see the toolbar.
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Close. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Creating a Redirect
- How to create a new redirect.
- When entering URLs into the Expired URL and New URL fields, enter the complete URL as you would type it into your web browser.
- To manage redirects: Redirect Manager