From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:48, 21 May 2010 by Denis mouraux
The Search Manager: Search Term Analysis back-end screen allows you to view statistics about searches performed by visitors of your site.
How to Access
Select Components → Search from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches were done for each keyword combination and how many results were returned for each search.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by Joomla! for ease of reference.
- Search Phrase. The search text entered by the user. You can click the column header to sort the list by this value.
- Hits. The number of times that a search with this search phrase was requested. You can click the column header to sort the list by this value.
- Results. The number of search results returned to the user for this search text.
- Reset. Click this button to reset the log to it's initial state. Warning: This will erase all prior search statistics information.
- Parameters. Click this button to open the Global Configuration window. This window allows you to set default parameters for this type of item. See Global Configuration.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Click on the Options button to open the Search Manager Options window. In this window, the "Component" tab allows you to set various parameters for Search Statistics, as shown below:
- Gather Search Statistics. Whether or not to gather search statistics for the web site. If set to "No", no information will be collected from users searches. This means that no information will be displayed in the Search Statistics screen. This is set to "No" by default.
- Creation Date. Whether or not to show the Created Date for the Articles when they are displayed in search results.
The "Permissions" tab, shown below, lets you specify who can administer and manage search statistics:
Filter by Partial Title
- Filter. In the upper left corner just above the column headings is a Filter field and two buttons, as shown below:
Search Logging Indicator and Toggle
In the upper right corner there are more fields, as shown below:
- Enabled / Disabled. If the Global Configuration Parameter called "Gather Search Statistics" is set to "Yes", this will display as "Enabled". Otherwise, it will display as "Disabled".
- Hide Search Results / Show Search Results. Toggle this link to Hide or Show the "Results Returned" column.
- This screen does not enable or disable searching of the web site. Searching is enabled either by adding an "Internal Link - Search" Menu Item or by adding a Search Module.
- Search statistics are disabled by default. If you're interested in knowing what your visitors search for and what they find, you'll need to enable search statistics. Refer to Global Configuration for more information.
- To add a Search Menu Item: Menu Item Manager - New/Edit - Internal Link - Search
- To add a Search Module: Modules Site - Search