Components Weblinks Categories Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 10:52, 17 July 2010 by Denis mouraux
How to Access
Navigate to the Web Link Category Manager. To add a new Web Link Category, and click the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Web Link Category, click the Category's Name, or check the Category's checkbox and press the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a new Web Link Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Link Category before you can create a Web Link. Also, Web Link Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, and News Feeds.
Note that the screen for adding and editing Web Link Categories looks the same screen used to create Article Categories. However, for Web Link Categories, the only required field is Title. Published, Section, Category Order, and Access Level are not used. An Image and Description may be entered, but they are not displayed on the web site.
- Title. Enter the Title for this item.
- Alias. The internal name of the item. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. The Alias will be used in the URL when SEF is activated. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Note. TBD
- Parent. TBD
- State. TBD
- Access. TBD
- Language. TBD
- ID. TBD
- Alternate Layout. TBD
- Image. TBD
Category Access Rules
- Meta Description. Optional text entered here will be added to the page's HTML output and may be displayed in search engine results.
- Meta Keywords. Optional comma-separated list that will be added to the HTML keywords output.
- Alternate Page Title. An optional alternate page title that will change the TITLE tag in the HTML output.
- Author. The author of this content.
- Robots. This will be added to the page's HTML output. Options are: Use Global, Index-Follow, No index-Follow, Index-No follow, No index-No follow, and Don't display robots tag.
- Created. Date and time when this item was created.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Save as Copy. Saves this item under a new name, keeping the original item unmodified. This button is available only when editing an existing item, not when creating a new one.
- Close. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.