| || |
Column Headers== |+|
|−|Both the '' Site'' and '' Administrator'' tabs have the following column titles. These details are fetched from the XML file included in the language pack. |+|
'''''' the the .
*'''.''' the .
Checkbox.''' Check this radio button to select the Language. |+|
*'''.''' this . '' the site . Note: be .
Language Name.''' The names of the installed Languages on this web site. |+|
*'''.''' of the language .
|−|*'' 'Default.''' The default language of the site , marked with a yellow graphical asterisk in this column. ''Note '': to every user a language can be assigned (see "User Management"), user from groups "Administrator" and "Super Administrator" can select their preferred language themself at login. |+|
Version.''' The version number of the installed language. |+|
Date.''' The creation date of the language. |+|
Author.''' The name of the language translator is displayed in this column. |+|
Author E-mail.''' The e-mail address of the translator. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 12:12, 3 July 2010
How to Access
Select Extensions → Language Manager from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation or click the icon Language in the control center. Under the content tab click on the language to edit.
In the Language Manager: Edit Content Language you can set the title, SEF, image, code, and description of the installed langauges. You may also update or add meta keywords and description.
- Title. The name of the language as it will appear ion the lists.
- Title Native. Lenguag title IN the native language.
- SEF. SEF for this language. If 'en' is used then it will be added after the site URL. Example: http://mysite.com/en. Note: The prefix must be unique over all the languages.
- Image. Name of the image file for this language when using the "Use Image Flags" Language Switcher basic option.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Close. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Site and Administrator Links
At the top left, above the columns, you will see two links as shown below:
- Site. Shows the Languages available for the Front-end of the web site.
- Administrator. Shows the Languages available for the Back-end of the web site. Note that the languages for the Front and Back end can be different.
- Users can use any Language from the list of installed Languages, either by having it assigned in the User Manager or by filling out a Menu Item Manager - New/Edit - User Form Layout at the Front end. This will cause the Joomla! system prompts to be generated in this Language just for this User. For example, if a User chooses Spanish as their language, then the Search Module will show with prompts in Spanish, as shown below:
- This User's choice is not affected by the Default Language set for the Front-end.
- Changing a User's Language or the Default Language does not affect the web site's Articles and other content.
- Important: Do not delete the default language files (for example, with FTP). This will create errors on both the Front-end and Back-end.
- If desired, you can show the Front-end site in one Language and show the Back-end administration pages in a different Language. Also, individual articles can be configured to use a different language in the Advanced Parameter pane when editing the Article.