Extensions Module Manager Who Online
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:49, 3 May 2011 by Toretto
How to Access
To add the Wrapper module, go to your site back-end. Using the top menu, go to Extensions -> module manager and select "new". Then, select "Who's Online.
To manage an existing Wrapper module, open the module from the Module list.
The "Who's Online" module displays information about users that are visiting your site at a particular moment.
For screenshots of the back-end, refer to the "Options" section.
- Caching. Always set to "Never".
- # of Guests / Members. Display the total number of Guests (Users who are not logged in) and Members (Users who are logged in).
- Member Names. Display a list of the names of Members logged in. No count of Guests will display.
- Both. A count of users and a list of Member Names will both display.
- Module Class Suffix. A suffix applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows you to create customized CSS styles that will apply just to this module. You would then modify the "template.css" file of your template to apply styling to this new class.
- Enter this parameter with a leading space to create a new CSS class for this module. Enter the parameter without a leading space to change the CSS class name for this module.
- See the tutorial Using Class Suffixes in Joomla! 1.5/1.6 for more information.
- Most people prefer not to use the "Who's Online" module when they've got little visitors.
- If you set the cache time for this module too long, the number of visitors will incorrect as the module takes users in account that visited your site x minutes ago.