Extensions Template Manager Templates Edit Source
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 20:47, 30 January 2011 by Jcutrone
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to edit the source code of template files.
How to Access
Navigate to the Template Manager: Customise Template screen. Click on the name of the template you want to edit. Then click the link to the template file that you want to edit.
This screen is where the source code of template files is edited. It provides a plain text interface to edit the template files. HTML and PHP programming syntax is highlighted to make the source code files easier to read.
Details and Options
- Source Code. The contents of the selected template file is displayed and editible here.
This section contains all the menu items configured in your Joomla! website. To apply the current style to a menu item's corresponding web page, check the box next to the menu item. You can press the Toggle Selection button to invert the menu item selections.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Cancel. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Cancel while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- To install templates: Extension Manager: Install