Difference between revisions of "Site Control Panel"
From Joomla! Documentation
(Remove needs review - this page will be archived soon)
m (→Related information: removing categories, shutting down namespace)
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Latest revision as of 18:45, 28 April 2013
How to access
The Control Panel can be accessed by logging into Joomla!'s back-end. After logging in, the Control Panel will be displayed. To access the Control Panel from another area in the back-end, simply go to Site > Control Panel.
The Control Panel provides access to many default Joomla! functions and features. From the Control Panel, you can create and manage articles and categories. Direct links are also provided to the Media, Menu, User, Module, Extension, and Language Managers as well as the Global Configuration.
The icons available in control panel are:
- Add New Article. Opens the Add New Article page, where you can create new content.
- Article Manager. Opens the Article Manager, where you can manage all of your current articles.
- Category Manager. Opens the Category Manager, where you can create new categories, and publish/unpublish existing ones.
- Media Manager. Opens the Media Manager, which allows you to manage files on your web server. You can delete existing files or upload different ones from your hard drive. You can also create new directories on your web server's file system.
- Menu Manager. Opens the Menu Manager, where you can manage the current menus by creating new ones, deleting current ones, or directly managing each menu's subsequent menu items.
- User Manager. Opens the User Manager, which allows you to create/delete users, change passwords, modify language and time preferences, and switch which WYSIWYG editor the user has access too. You can also assign users to User Groups, limiting to which aspects of the site they have access.
- Module Manager. Opens the Module Manager, which controls the location and function of modules that are installed on the site.
- Extension Manager. Opens the Extension Manager, which allows you to add/remove add-ons that expand the functionality of Joomla!. Extensions are used to add capabilities to Joomla! that do not exist in the standard package. Hundreds of Extensions are available for Joomla!, with more being developed all of the time.
- Language Manager. Opens the Language Manager, which allows you to manage installed languages by setting one to be the site's default language.
- Global Configuration. Opens the Global Configuration. The global configuration has parameters that, when adjusted, will effect your entire Joomla! site. This makes the Global Configuration perhaps one of the most important areas in your Joomla! back-end. Here you can change many options including, but certainly not limited to: Time Zone, Language, Server Configurations, Session settings, and Meta Data.
- Template Manager. Opens the Template Manager: Styles screen. Tab access is also available to the Templates screen.
- Edit Profile. Opens the My Profile edit screen for the administrator.
- Use the 'Add New Article' button to create articles quickly.
- Click on 'Recently Added Articles' and 'Popular Articles' to see which parts of your web site have most recently changed or are most often viewed, respectively.
- All areas accessed with the Control Panel icons may also be accessed from the drop down menus just above them.