Site Maintenance Global Check-in
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 23:44, 16 December 2010 by Jlr lica
Component packaged with Joomla! 1.6 Core.
How to access
Select Site → Site Maintenance → Global Check-in from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
Selecting this menu option will cause Joomla! to perform a global check-in of all currently pending or locked items. It then shows the results of the Global Check-in. This is useful, for example, if an Article is locked by a User who opened it for editing and never finished the editing session. In this case, other Users are not able to edit this Article. Performing a Global Check-in releases all such items.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited. See Options.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
(Icons need 1.6 update)
- Database Table. The name of the table checked.
- # of Items. The number of items checked out from the table.
- Checked-in. Whether the items were successfully checked in. A green check-mark indicates that the table was checked in successfully. A red X indicates that the table was not checked in correctly. An empty column indicates that there were no items to check in.
- Make sure no one is busy editing any items before you perform a global check-in. When a Global Check-in is done, all items are checked in, including those currently being edited.
- To see all logged in users: User Manager