Difference between revisions of "Users Groups"
From Joomla! Documentation
(→How to access)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
==How to access==
==How to access==
the on the User Manager icon in the Control Panel the .
Revision as of 20:00, 16 January 2011
How to access
From the administratSelect Users → Groups from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen. or click on the User Manager icon in the Control Panel and select the User Groups tab.
In this screen you have the ability to look at a list of your users and sort them in different ways. You can also edit and create users, groups and access levels.
In the table containing the users from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Group Title. The name of the group.
- Users in Group. The number of users in this group.
- ID. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You can not change this number.
- Display #. The number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display (where applicable).
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Click on this button to create a new item. You will enter the New page for this item.
- Edit. Select one item and click on this button to open it in edit mode. If you have more than one item selected (where applicable), the first item will be opened. You can also open an item for editing by clicking on its Title or Name.
- Delete. To delete one or more items, select them and click this button. The selected items will be deleted. Note: only empty items can be deleted.
- Options. Opens the Options window where default settings for Users can be edited. See Users Options.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Click on the name of a user to edit the user's properties.
- Click on the e-mail address of a user to send this user an e-mail.
- Click on the green check or red 'X' in the Enabled column to toggle between Enabled and Disabled status.
- Click on the Column Headers to sort the users by that column, ascending or descending.